Aller au contenu
Top-Metin2.org - Vous êtes à la recherche d'un serveur Metin 2 ? ×
  • Créer...

How To - Create a Metin2 pserver

Messages recommandés

• Développeur

Required Level  : Beginner

Estimated Time : Between 15 & 30 minutes

Disclaimer : This guide is only a translation of the following tutorial made by Emulateur and then renewed by Calypso. The screenshots are still in French as for now and the tutorial may be aged but still works like charm. [.To be continued.]

Hey there!

You want to create a metin2 private server? You want to play with your friends? Create a community or create one just as a hobby? Then follow this guide!

I will explain you how to create a private server! You will then be able to do whatever you want on it? Ain't it cool? <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/cool.png

Buuut... This tutorial will work only in localhost, implying that you will be the only one able to connect and play on it. It's some kind of a test server.

Ready? Go!

I. Downloads

• VirtualBoxHERE
  • NavicatHERE
  • WinSCP

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
  • The server (VDI file) - HERE
  • The clientHERE

II. Virtual Machine

Révélation

1. Install VirtualBox. You will use it as a way to emulate the Operating System called FreeBSD. (The server will run on this OS)
2. Start VirtualBox
3. Click on "New" at the bottom left of the screen.

https://metin2.download/picture/xtjqc7293o3b9Aoy4Rn56ZMg7dwcHQUV/.jpg

4. Choose a name and name the Virtual Machine. Choose BSD for Type and FreeBSD (XXbits depending on your OS, most likely 64bits) in Version. Then click on Next

https://metin2.download/picture/2NeJxTVb675UOF92ilkNHET9Psz5oEB3/.jpg

5. Allocate the amount of RAM of your choice to the Virtual Machine. Note that you'll be fine with 2048Mo (It might even be overkill for a server you'll only use alone). The minimum I advise you to allocate is 1Go (1024Mo). Anyway, as long as you're in the green bar you're fine. Click Next.

https://metin2.download/picture/TwJG2Tl42XMYP47nuc1OFZrdFgXFH91c/.jpg

6. Tick the "Use and already existing virtual disk" (Or something like that, that's the last box) and select the VDI (.vdi) you just downloaded in Step 1. Then press Create.

https://metin2.download/picture/466IbS1n6hHROAqyS0xk9VMp1gPIaJs7/.jpg

7. Your Virtual Machine is now created. Now let's configure the Networking. Right click on your VM (Virtual Machine) then hit Configuration

https://metin2.download/picture/i0y3QdBZqMwzh5993iwFLa5pTVD4WSSV/.jpg

8. In Network, select "Bridged" for Networking Mode and in Name, select your Networking Card. Then click OK.

https://metin2.download/picture/UdB0UIoG1RcItGkNC3o2IS500X31O4ko/.jpg

9. The networking is now selected and the Virtual Machine created! Let's go to step three.

Information: If you are under WiFi, select your WiFi adapter, otherwise, if you use Ethernet, use your Ethernet adapter.
Success ! You created your Virtual Machine. It will hosts your first Metin2 server!

III. Start your server

Révélation

1. If you want to start the VM, you just have to double click on it. The Virtual Machine will start. Wait a bit. Now it asks you to connect a user.

https://metin2.download/picture/7A0M5CoqDh7hozjx1bzsbJtfzCHJjtra/.jpg

2. In login, put: root and in Password, write mcncc.com or ;cncc<co;. You are now fully connected as a super user. If you want to start the files, begin with typing cd /usr/metin2

Information: You won't see what you type in password, it doesn't mean it's not working, it is just hidden.
Warning: If your keyboard is a QWERTY keyboard, the right password is ";cncc,co;". (Also refer to this comment for further instructions)

https://metin2.download/picture/HKP9gyTU1AreIKV8G5MhP2r6QTJ1VsK0/.jpg

4. Now you are in the metin2 files folder. You just have to type to start it : sh start.sh (and sh stop.sh to close it). And then the number of channel that you want to open. One channel is perfect to begin with.

https://metin2.download/picture/L2IaIUrPM7tRrugYzgFOdsx9jK2e9cJD/.jpg

5. Your Metin2 server is now working ! You just have to configure the client ! Of course, you need to leave Virtual Box open if you want your server to be openned as well.

Warning! The more channels you open, the more RAM will be used. For testing purposes, 1 is more than enough.
Success! Your server is now online! Don't forget to keep VirtualBox open to keep your server online.

IV. Connection to the client !

Révélation

1. Extract the file Client 2014.rar on your computer, i.e your Desktop.
2. Then, you need to configure the serverinfo.py  and put your ip inside. Here's a guide for it (Still in French ATM) : Configurer votre client pour la première fois

https://metin2.download/picture/Cp7PLetAdBc6pX3re9GqKkU6QD66hrkP/.jpg

4. In my case, it's 192.168.43.205 That's the one we're after !
5. Once the configuration is done, start metin2client.exe which is at the root of your client.
6. Use these already existing admin credentials : User: admin Password: test || You can change them or create a new one later on.
7. Choose your character, and voilà ! Your connected on your first Metin2 private server !

Success! You are now connected on your server!

V. Gain access to the files

Révélation

1. If you want to inspect or modify the files, you need to install the software "WinSCP". Once it's installed & started, do as explained below.
2. Click on "New Site" and do as the following screenshot.

https://metin2.download/picture/M6wHHUde75nwCvwmlUN9BS30k1l78S07/.png

Information: Don't forget to use your local ip starting with 192.168.x.x and which you obtained above.

3. Now you're connected to WinSCP. You can now browse through the files with a software instead than a terminal.
4. Click on .. to go at the root, then click on usr then metin2. You should be there:

https://metin2.download/picture/2DfColxOCy5j096Mo4g2RHb422lG9hfv/.jpg

5. These are the Folders & Files that your server contains !

Success! You are now browsing your server files!

VI. Gain access to the database

Révélation

1. The database contains pretty much everything related to players, account and so on. Install Navicat and start it.
2. Click on Connect then MySQL

https://metin2.download/picture/75G5pK8nbhuoEuC55mBj8DH33Xo0Q8UZ/.jpg

3. Fill it like this:

1. Name
  2. The IP you saw before (starting with 192.168)
  3. 3306
  4. root
  5. mcncc.com

https://metin2.download/picture/GkQAVc9rScgs0373iBp9g7XEbAZXCt2a/.jpg

4. On the left pannel you can see your server. In order to connect, you just have to click two times over it.

https://metin2.download/picture/ohED6wY7af84SIp36Dow5Xd5Bz7wE5bR/.jpg

5. And this is the database of your server !

Success! You are now able to browse the database.

Success! You just created a local private server!

VII. End of the Tutorial

Now, everything is alright, you can connect to the database, browse your files and edit your client ! You can now modifiy everything as you want <fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png

FAQ - Must Read for beginners - (Still in French ATM) : HERE

If you need some help, don't hesitate and lead to Questions & Answer. The community will be there to help you.
Good luck!

• Metin2 Dev 9
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 1
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 3
  • Love 180

• 7 mois après...
  • Développeur
il y a 13 minutes, Bakaru a dit :

Hello, @Gurgarath i have a problem in step III. I enter "root" and "mcncc.com" and it says log in incorect. Whats the problem ??

Hello,

It might be possible that your keyboard is in QWERTY in that case try to type ";cncc,co;". If it's not in QWERTY the right password is still "mcncc.com".

Also, it's normal if nothing appears when you try to type the password.

Best regards.

• Love 1

• Développeur

You are welcome and thanks for the report! I edit the tutorial as it's more common to have a QWERTY than a French AZERTY when it comes to international tutorials :D

• Love 1

@Gurgarath This link https://fr.metin2.dev/topic/22075-configurer-votre-client-pour-la-première-fois/ in Step IV doesnt work for me. It shows this error 

Hidden Content

Edit: Fixed.

Modifié par Funky Emulation
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

This picture in step VI 

Hidden Content

needs to be corrected according to this post. (root --> metin2).

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love 5

• Développeur

Hello,

I will update the tutorial pretty soon. The original one has been rewritten once again and left this one slightly outdated. Thanks for the report! :)

Best regards,

• Love 1

• 2 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...
  • 5 mois après...
  • Développeur
Il y a 3 heures, Jhon960 a dit :

I dont have in my client files serverinfo.py

You have it, you need to unpack root and then it will be inside, then repack it.

• 4 semaines après...

I'm stuck on step "VI. Gain access to the database" ,  image here : 

Hidden Content

All above steps seems to be done okay, I've even logged-in the game and logged-in with WinSCP. Any ideas? 🤔

• Metin2 Dev 3
  • Lmao 1
  • Love 3

• Développeur
Il y a 20 heures, Crital a dit :

I'm stuck on step "VI. Gain access to the database" ,  image here : 

Hidden Content

All above steps seems to be done okay, I've even logged-in the game and logged-in with WinSCP. Any ideas? 🤔

Hello?

For any further issues, open a post in Q&A section. This error seems to be a firewall error, the port is somehow blocked, try disabling your firewall / anti-virus software.

Have a nice day :D

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Love 3

• 1 mois après...

All ports open. https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ tested

I can access game from host machine by local IP 192.168.1.112 (static ip for the vps)

I can access Mysql from outside intro the virtualbox vps with External IP no problem.

Me/my friends can't access from client to game with External IP to virtualbox

Any idea?

Edit: nothing reaching syssers and logs , so nothing is even reaching the server.

Modifié par joanakity
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

• Funkiest
Il y a 3 heures, joanakity a dit :

All ports open. https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ tested

I can access game from host machine by local IP 192.168.1.112 (static ip for the vps)

I can access Mysql from outside intro the virtualbox vps with External IP no problem.

Me/my friends can't access from client to game with External IP to virtualbox

Any idea?

Edit: nothing reaching syssers and logs , so nothing is even reaching the server.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 3

Il y a 21 heures, Veltor88 a dit :

Thank you! I appreciate you reply but in /src/config.cpp I don't have the variable:

g_dwSkillBookNextReadMax

Other files would be ok.

Meanwhile I noticed my config.cpp has:

char		g_szPublicIP[16] = "0";
char		g_szInternalIP[16] = "192.168.188";

Would this be something I can use or should I follow your changes but g_dwSkillBookNextReadMax not found.

Thank you in advance!

Big Edit: My findings below my source is definitely different than yours has a more spread out config.cpp:

in char_skill.cpp:
		const int aiGrandMasterSkillBookMaxCount_euckr[10] = {
			5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 25, 30};
		iMinReadCount = aiGrandMasterSkillBookMinCount_euckr[idx];
		iMaxReadCount = aiGrandMasterSkillBookMaxCount_euckr[idx];
		iBookCount = aiGrandMasterSkillBookCountForLevelUp_euckr[idx];}
	if (FindAffect(AFFECT_SKILL_BOOK_BONUS))
	{	if (iBookCount&1)
			iBookCount = iBookCount / 2 + 1; else
			iBookCount = iBookCount / 2; 
		RemoveAffect(AFFECT_SKILL_BOOK_BONUS);}
	int n = number(1, iBookCount);
	sys_log(0, "Number(%d)", n);
	DWORD nextTime = get_global_time() + number(28800, 43200);
	sys_log(0, "GrandMaster SkillBookCount min %d cur %d max %d (next_time=%d)", iMinReadCount, iTotalReadCount, iMaxReadCount, nextTime);

Maybe more important hereby a pastebin of my config.cpp https://pastebin.com/A5rHf4Wa

(I don't know how to put a spoiler sorry)

Modifié par joanakity
  • Love 1

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...
On 6/7/2018 at 4:27 AM, Gurgarath said:

Required Level  : Beginner

Estimated Time : Between 15 & 30 minutes

Disclaimer : This guide is only a translation of the following tutorial made by Emulateur and then renewed by Calypso. The screenshots are still in French as for now and the tutorial may be aged but still works like charm. [.To be continued.]

Hey there!

You want to create a metin2 private server? You want to play with your friends? Create a community or create one just as a hobby? Then follow this guide!

I will explain you how to create a private server! You will then be able to do whatever you want on it? Ain't it cool? B|

Buuut... This tutorial will work only in localhost, implying that you will be the only one able to connect and play on it. It's some kind of a test server.

Ready? Go!

I. Downloads

• VirtualBoxHERE
  • NavicatHERE
  • WinSCP

Hidden Content

• The server (VDI file) - HERE
  • The clientHERE

II. Virtual Machine

Reveal hidden contents

1. Install VirtualBox. You will use it as a way to emulate the Operating System called FreeBSD. (The server will run on this OS)
2. Start VirtualBox
3. Click on "New" at the bottom left of the screen.

065706Capture.JPG

4. Choose a name and name the Virtual Machine. Choose BSD for Type and FreeBSD (XXbits depending on your OS, most likely 64bits) in Version. Then click on Next

070028Capture.JPG

5. Allocate the amount of RAM of your choice to the Virtual Machine. Note that you'll be fine with 2048Mo (It might even be overkill for a server you'll only use alone). The minimum I advise you to allocate is 1Go (1024Mo). Anyway, as long as you're in the green bar you're fine. Click Next.

070335Capture.JPG

6. Tick the "Use and already existing virtual disk" (Or something like that, that's the last box) and select the VDI (.vdi) you just downloaded in Step 1. Then press Create.

073719Capture.JPG

7. Your Virtual Machine is now created. Now let's configure the Networking. Right click on your VM (Virtual Machine) then hit Configuration

073848Sans-titre.jpg

8. In Network, select "Bridged" for Networking Mode and in Name, select your Networking Card. Then click OK.

074029Capture2.JPG

9. The networking is now selected and the Virtual Machine created! Let's go to step three.

Information: If you are under WiFi, select your WiFi adapter, otherwise, if you use Ethernet, use your Ethernet adapter.
Success ! You created your Virtual Machine. It will hosts your first Metin2 server!

III. Start your server

Reveal hidden contents

1. If you want to start the VM, you just have to double click on it. The Virtual Machine will start. Wait a bit. Now it asks you to connect a user.

074910Capture.JPG

2. In login, put: root and in Password, write mcncc.com or ;cncc<co;. You are now fully connected as a super user. If you want to start the files, begin with typing cd /usr/metin2

Information: You won't see what you type in password, it doesn't mean it's not working, it is just hidden.
Warning: If your keyboard is a QWERTY keyboard, the right password is ";cncc,co;". (Also refer to this comment for further instructions)

074157Capture2.JPG

4. Now you are in the metin2 files folder. You just have to type to start it : sh start.sh (and sh stop.sh to close it). And then the number of channel that you want to open. One channel is perfect to begin with.

074344Capture2.JPG

5. Your Metin2 server is now working ! You just have to configure the client ! Of course, you need to leave Virtual Box open if you want your server to be openned as well.

Warning! The more channels you open, the more RAM will be used. For testing purposes, 1 is more than enough.
Success! Your server is now online! Don't forget to keep VirtualBox open to keep your server online.

IV. Connection to the client !

Reveal hidden contents

1. Extract the file Client 2014.rar on your computer, i.e your Desktop.
2. Then, you need to configure the serverinfo.py  and put your ip inside. Here's a guide for it (Still in French ATM) : Configurer votre client pour la première fois

075113Capture.JPG

4. In my case, it's 192.168.43.205 That's the one we're after !
5. Once the configuration is done, start metin2client.exe which is at the root of your client.
6. Use these already existing admin credentials : User: admin Password: test || You can change them or create a new one later on.
7. Choose your character, and voilà ! Your connected on your first Metin2 private server !

Success! You are now connected on your server!

V. Gain access to the files

Reveal hidden contents

1. If you want to inspect or modify the files, you need to install the software "WinSCP". Once it's installed & started, do as explained below.
2. Click on "New Site" and do as the following screenshot.

070007Sans-titre.png

Information: Don't forget to use your local ip starting with 192.168.x.x and which you obtained above.

3. Now you're connected to WinSCP. You can now browse through the files with a software instead than a terminal.
4. Click on .. to go at the root, then click on usr then metin2. You should be there:

070237Capture.JPG

5. These are the Folders & Files that your server contains !

Success! You are now browsing your server files!

VI. Gain access to the database

Hide contents

1. The database contains pretty much everything related to players, account and so on. Install Navicat and start it.
2. Click on Connect then MySQL

070656Capture.JPG

3. Fill it like this:

1. Name
  2. The IP you saw before (starting with 192.168)
  3. 3306
  4. root
  5. mcncc.com

071420Capture.JPG

4. On the left pannel you can see your server. In order to connect, you just have to click two times over it.

071556Capture.JPG

5. And this is the database of your server !

Success! You are now able to browse the database.

Success! You just created a local private server!

VII. End of the Tutorial

Now, everything is alright, you can connect to the database, browse your files and edit your client ! You can now modifiy everything as you want :)

FAQ - Must Read for beginners - (Still in French ATM) : HERE

If you need some help, don't hesitate and lead to Questions & Answer. The community will be there to help you.
Good luck!

Hey i got this error every time 

• Love 2

• brilliantdiscord_widget
  • Flux d'Activité

1. 21

Metin2 en 2020 peut-on en parler?

2. 0

METIN2Project

3. 3

Ressources - UnPack - Metin2 Client - Officiel

4. 0

Barre des tâches d'argent étendue

5. 16

Redémarrage automatique des channels

6. 16

Multi Logo GM / SGM / GA

7. 0

comment extraire les fichiers locale.epk locale.eix sur le serveur officiel ?

8. 2

Funky-emu.net -> fr.metin2.dev

• En ligne récemment

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.

Information importante

Conditions d’utilisation / Politique de confidentialité / Règles / Nous avons placé des cookies sur votre appareil pour aider à améliorer ce site. Vous pouvez choisir d’ajuster vos paramètres de cookie, sinon nous supposerons que vous êtes d’accord pour continuer.